We are only as successful as our teachers and work very hard on ensuring their success. We work to bring schools throughout the United States excellent Math, Science, Spanish, Elementary, English, and Special Education Teachers from around the world. Please note, we expect that you as a candidate have spent considerable time working to improve your skills (successfully enrolled in Spoken English Classes, Computer Skills Classes; and searched for resources regarding American Classroom Management Strategies). We also require our teachers to demonstrate their interest in a cultural exchange program in the US, as we recognize that cultural exchange takes place both in and out of the classroom, as you become a member of your local community.
WE REQUIRE THE FOLLOWING MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS TO APPLY:
- 2 years of full-time teaching experience
- Equivalent to 4 Year Education Degree
- ie. 3 year degree (B.Com, B.SC, etc) + minimum of 1 year degree in Education (B.Ed or Diploma in Special Education)
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal + written)
- Commitment to fulfilling the cultural activity requirement of the US Department of State J-1 teacher visitor program
Costs teachers can expect to pay while they are on the program. Fees and costs vary by country, so we provide a range of costs to encompass all of the countries that TPG Cultural Exchange, LLC serves.
All costs are listed in $USD.
Teachers are paid on the same salary scale as US Teachers.
Teachers are offered comprehensive medical insurance that includes Medical Evacuation, Repatriation and Sickness/Accident Coverage.
The approximate salary range is $ 35,500 to $ 85,000 per annum prior to taxes. Your salary is based on your degrees and your attested K – 12 experience.
APPROXIMATE COST TO LIVING
The typical monthly expenses for a family of 3 are:
- Monthly Rent $750 – $1,500 (depending on the area)
- Food $750 – $1,000
- Utilities/Tel/Misc. $100 – $1,000
- Car/transport $250 – $500
- We also ask that teachers bringing small children to the US take into account the expense of childcare.
Total monthly expense $1,850 – $4,000
Salary in the United States of America is subject to Federal and State income taxes and withholdings, and Federal Insurance Contributions Act (FICA) Deductions (15 to 35% of salary depending on family composition). Based on your country of citizenship, you may be eligible for certain tax treaty benefits.
Applicants to the Program may incur some personal costs to their collection of documents necessary to prove eligibility for a J-1 visa including credential evaluations ($150-$260), J1 Application Fee (currently $180, non-refundable and payable directly to the US Consulate) criminal background checks, exams for English proficiency (TOEFL, OPI) – $150. These costs are directly associated to the person and may range in value.